5 Morning Rituals to Make your Day Awesome
Whether you’re a morning person or a night owl, waking up on the right side of the bed can impact your mood, work, health, relationships and more. By simply making five small shifts in your morning routine, you can impact the rest of your day for the better.
- Launch it: Rather than lounging in bed, research tells us that getting up as soon as we wake up prompts a more positive and motivated morning. Taking that extra ten to fifteen minute snooze can cause our internal clocks to flip into reverse, flooding our system with calming sleep hormones and creating a sensation of sluggishness that lasts all day. Rather than snoozing, try to launch your day and get out of bed as soon as you open your eyes.
- Design it: Each morning is an opportunity to map out your goals and design the day ahead. Take a moment to assess one way that you can fulfill one of your larger life goals. When you connect with your goals on a daily basis, you infuse your life with a deeper sense of purpose.
- Move it: Research has uncovered that the best time to work out is first thing in the morning. In fact, The New York Times cited a groundbreaking study that advocated working out before breakfast.
- Style it: The link between emotion and clothing choice is another well researched statistic. Studies have shown that when people are depressed, they tend to view getting dressed for the day as mentally exhausting or a waste of time. Flipping that fact on its head, we know that by taking the time to look good, we can also feel good.
- Connect it: Social media can help us get inspired by others who are living creative and positive lives. Find accounts that matter to you, and get connected. Or, go a step further and share your morning with us!