How Can Your Passions Improve Your Lifestyle?
Some of us are lucky enough to incorporate our passions within our careers, allowing us to dedicate 40+ hours a week to doing the things we love. Whether or not this is true for you, science tells us that making time for passion and creativity is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle.
No matter where you are in life, it’s essential that you learn to feed your passions in an authentic way, becuase living out what you love will ultimately improve your lifestyle. Here’s how:
- Passion gives you purpose: We’re all uniquely wired to do different things. No one else in the world possesses your exact blend of talents and skills. Learning to accept and own what makes you unique is the first step in pursuing your purpose and sharing your gifts with the world. Once you’re aware of your passion, you’ll feel more motivated, inspired and certain of your next steps.
- Passion leads to creativity: The link between creativity and better mental and physical health is well supported by research. High work stress can lead to weight gain, respiratory infections and cardiovascular disease - while passion leads to creativity, which makes people happier, less anxious, more resilient and better equipped to solve long-term problems.
- Passion inspires: The word “passion” derives from the Latin “passio”, meaning to suffer or endure for a cause. It evokes sacrifice and love. And because of that, passionate people attract attention. By attracting the attention of others through your passion, you’ll help to inspire and influence them in turn, creating a positive chain effect in your circle of friends.
- Passion leads to success: As the energy force filling us with meaning, passion pushes us to accomplish the things we set our mind to, helping us to experience work and life to the fullest extent possible.
- The more passionate you are, the harder you’ll work: Passion protects us physiologically, allowing us to work longer and harder than we would at a job we dislike.
Don’t be afraid to explore your passions. Do something today that feeds your passions - your body, mind and spirit will all thank you.