5 Easy Ways to De-stress After Work
While it may be tempting to unwind from a long workday with Instagram and your latest Netflix obsession, this won’t relax your brain or nourish your soul. Instead, try these five easy activites to lead a more peaceful evening.
- Put your comfy clothes on: This automatically sends your brain a signal that your work day is done. Now, you can fully unwind and relax.
- Put the phone away: Give your eyes a break and unplug by setting your phone to silent. This will also help promote healthy sleep habits, as the blue light from your phone tells your brain it’s still daylight outside, ultimately inhibiting you from feeling sleepy.
- Limit the TV time: The average person wastes five hours a day watching television. That chalks up to 35 hours a week! Instead, stick to an hour a night, and use the additional time to read a book or pursue a hobby.
- Take a walk: Studies show that walking can contribute to better mental health, aid in joint mobility and enhace digestion. Plus, it’s incredibly therapeutic to be out in nature after you’ve spent all day inside an office.
- Try a warm, healing drink: Golden milk (or turmeric tea, as it’s often known) capitalizes on the benefits of turmeric in combination with other healthy ingredients such as coconut milk and black pepper. Traditionally used in ancient Chinese medicines, the drink is thought to possess anti-flammatory and antioxidant benefits.