Muña Essential Oil 15 ml. 100% Pure WildCrafted
Botanical name: (Minthostachys mollis)
Aromatic molecules: thymol, methyl eugenol, mentone, menthol, pulegone, piperitone, limonene, linalool.
Origin: Wild harvested in Perú
1. A plant from the Peruvian highlands. It grows between 2,700 and 3,400 meters above the sea level. Its cultivation is widespread in the Andean regions and its flowers are white and are gathered in small clusters.
2. Muña is the mint of the Incas. It has been used to stimulate the prevention of various types of respiratory problems decongesting the respiratory system. Native Peruvians have also used it to heal fractures and dislocations.
3. Muña oil possesses a deep, minty scent, and helps to cleanse negative vibrations from the body. Believed to be essential to maintaining good health, it is known to combat various ailments of the digestive and respiratory systems.
4. When consumed in teas, seasonings or medicinal infusions, muña assists in the prevention of everything from coughs, colds, and flus to stomach aches and diarrhea. When applied externally to other parts of the body, the plants can help prevent rheumatism, bruising, and swelling.
5. Muña oil is also used in the cosmetics industry to produce creams, detergents, shampoos, and perfumes.
- Improve digestion: 1 drop after meals.
- Respiratory problems: 1-2 drops in massages.
- Sinusitis: Massage the sides of the nose, cheekbones and around the ears.
- Joint and muscle pains, strokes: 2-4 drops in a tablespoon of carrier oil, massage the affected area up to 3 times a day.
- Urticaria and eczema: 1 drop in oil, massage affected area 3 times a day
- Nausea and Dizziness: Apply 1-2 drops oil in a tissue and smell.
- Acne and Skin Problems: Can be added to everyday liquid soap. It is suggested to wash the face at least 2 times a day.
- Hair loss: 1-2 drops in a tablespoon of jojoba oil (twice a week). Massage gently and wash with shampoo. Can be added to shampoo for daily use.
- Muña essential oil can be ingested as long as it is used as an additive and diluted in a carrier (honey, olive oil)
- Dilute before use in massage in a natural oil (jojoba, olive, passion fruit, etc.) Do not ingest directly and avoid direct contact with eyes and mouth.
- Do not apply on irritated.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
23-40% tans Menthone
23% 1% Tetradecene
Steam distillation is the form used in the extraction of the essential oil. The oil is extracted by passing a vapor stream through the dry the plant; opening its oil glands and allowing its essential oil to be mixed with steam and then passing to a cooling system where condensation through the essence of this plant is obtained. In this form of distillation chemical solvents are not used, the product is obtained naturally.
Luna Sundara works closely with a renowned chemist in Perú that distills our oils, all our oils are wildcrafted. Wildcrafted oils come from plants that are not farmed or sprayed with any kind of pesticide. They are plants that are wild, native and organic by their own nature.
*This information is for informational purposes only, and can not be considered as medical information, nor does it compromise our legal responsibility