Peruvian Palo Santo Essential Oil 100% Pure Wildcrafted
Bursera Graveolens, known in Spanish as Palo Santo, is a wild tree native to coastal South America. Belonging to the same family as copal, myrrh, and frankincense, Palo Santo translates to “Holy Wood.” It was renowned among Incan cultures and is now traditionally used by present-day shamans and healers for its purification attributes. When burned, the smoke is believed to provide healing and therapeutic healing energies, giving you a more profound connection to your being.
Botanical Name: Bursera Graveolens
Origin: Northern Peru
- When placed within distilled water or an atomizer bottle, Palo Santo creates a pleasant, fresh smoke that works well in keeping away mosquitoes and other flying insects.
- Palo Santo is thought to possess therapeutic properties, including the potential ability to help uplift mood, strengthen vitality, and aid in protection. It is said that the oil may be beneficial for meditation, concentration, and enhancing creativity.
- Palo Santo is traditionally used for relieving common colds, flu symptoms, stress, asthma, headaches, and inflammation.
- Palo Santo can also be used in massage work to promote a greater sense of calm and physical health.
- To relieve pains: Use two drops in a tablespoon of carrier oil (jojoba, passion fruit) and massage the affected area up to three times daily. Palo Santo may be used in combination with Molle and Eucalyptus.
- For skin problems: Palo Santo may be added to everyday liquid soap.
- For cleaning and diffusion: Use five drops per 100ml solution.
- For massage: Use one drop in 1 tablespoon of carrier oil.
CAUTION: Seek expert medical advice before taking it during pregnancy or nursing. Dilute before using in massages with a natural base oil. Do not ingest directly. Avoid direct contact with eyes and mouth. Do not apply on irritated skin. Keep out of reach of children. Store away from heat and light.
- 52-62% Limonene
- 35.5% Phellandrene
- 5.3% Menthofuran
- 3% Carvonoe
- 1.5% p-Cymen
This essential oil is sustainably extracted through a process known as steam distillation. No chemical solvents are involved. The oil is first extracted by passing a vapor stream through the dry wood, opening its oil gland, and allowing the essential oil to mix with the steam. Next, the oil is passed through a cooling system to obtain condensation through the plant’s natural essence.
They are sustainably harvested in Peru. Luna Sundara works with renowned Peruvian chemists to distill our oils. Our suppliers utilize ethical, fair trade, and sustainable practices.
The above information is for informational purposes only and cannot be considered expert medical opinion or advice, nor does it compromise our legal responsibility.