Eucalyptus 15 ml. - Forest Vibes
Eucalyptus: (Eucalyptus globulus)
50% Eucalyptus, 50% Coconut oil
Aromatic molecules: 1,8 cineole, α-pinene, limonene, linalool acetate.
Origin: Wild harvested in Perú
1. Eucalyptus oil possesses potent cleansing and purifying properties, which work to refresh, stimulate and re-energize the body.
2. An antiviral and bactericidal, Eucalyptus oil relieves cold and flu symptoms by enhancing deep and clear breathing. It is effective in treating bronchitis, sore throats, coughs, fevers, anti-inflammatory wounds, skin disorders, and joint and muscle pains. As a natural antibiotic and tissue regenerator, this essential oil has a wide range of medicinal applications, including applications within baths and infusions to reduce fevers and rheumatism. It is also commonly used in massages to promote muscle relaxation.
3. Eucalyptus oil is fantastic for your skin! When used in small quantities, and combined with a spoonful of jojoba oil, it increases facial blood circulation and treats spots and acne.
4. Eucalyptus is used widely throughout the cosmetics industry within shampoos, toothpastes, soaps, ointments, lotions and air fresheners.
- Respiratory problems: 1-2 drops in massages or 1 drop accompanied by some honey.
- Pain or inflammation: 2-4 drops in a tablespoon of carrier oil, massage the affected area up to 3 times a day.
- Acne and Skin Problems: Can be added to everyday liquid soap. It is suggested to wash the face at least 2 times a day.
- Dandruff and hair loss: 1-2 drops in a tablespoon of jojoba oil (twice a week). Massage gently and wash with shampoo. It can also be added to shampoo for daily use.
- Cleaning Environments: A 2% water solution has been reported to eliminate up to 70% of bacteria in the air (Staphylococcus).
- It can be added to drinks and desserts to enhance its flavor.
Eucalyptus essential oil can be ingested as long as it is used as an additive and diluted in a vehicle (honey, olive oil)
- Be careful when administering to asthmatic persons and children under 6 years of age, in whom very low doses are recommended. Do not administer in pregnant women.
- According to the ASPCA, Eucalyptus is toxic for dogs, cats and horses.
Steam distillation is the form used in the extraction of the essential oil. The oil is extracted by passing a vapor stream through the dry plant; opening its oil glands and allowing its essential oil to be mixed with steam and then passing to a cooling system where condensation through the essence of this plant is obtained. In this form of distillation chemical solvents are not used, the product is obtained naturally.
Luna Sundara works closely with a renowned chemist in Perú that distills our oils, all our oils are wildcrafted. Wildcrafted oils come from plants that are not farmed or sprayed with any kind of pesticide. They are plants that are wild, native and organic by their own nature.
* This information is for informational purposes only, and can not be considered as medical information, nor does it compromise our legal responsibility.